Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:41:19 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org, wpaul@freebsd.org, brian@freebsd.org, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: Control messages.

I can't see where in the kernel we're *not* using CMSG_DATA().  This
was fixed a while ago and tested ok on beast (for 3 descriptors
AFAIR).  Are we looking at the same code (I'm looking in /sys/kern) ?

The only dodgy thing I see in there is the COMPAT_OLDSOCK stuff in
uipc_syscalls.c, and that has a very nice disclaimer:

                /*
                 * We assume that old recvmsg calls won't receive access
                 * rights and other control info, esp. as control info
                 * is always optional and those options didn't exist in 4.3.
                 * If we receive rights, trim the cmsghdr; anything else
                 * is tossed.
                 */

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>