Date:      Wed, 10 May 2006 02:08:37 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@alaskaparadise.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New FreeBSD Logo

--nextPart4901456.I9crSk6eIv

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 01:05, you wrote:
> [...]

The most interesting time I've had with beastie was setting up servers and =
a=20
website for a Baptist org here in Alaska. I put beastie on the site thinkin=
g=20
it would never be approved. They were seeking donations and were very=20
sensitive about the site's image. Not only did the clergy approve the site=
=20
with the "powered by" logo, they thought beastie was "cute".=20

Even after several irate emails about displaying the "devil" on a church si=
te,=20
the logo remained. It was decided that several narrow minded people did not=
=20
warrant removing it. I didn't even have to explain what a daemon is.

Several months later the site won an award at one of their national=20
conventions. The plaque featured a screen shot of the front page complete=20
with beastie!

If people are refraining from using FreeBSD because of beastie (which I don=
't=20
believe), they really need to just grow up. If the Baptists don't have any=
=20
problem with him, I can't imagine anyone else objecting.

Beech

=2D-=20

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech@alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com