Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 2003 05:10:43 +0300
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setup of a software RAID-1 to an existing system?

Thomas McIntyre wrote:

> Johan,
>
> The canonical answer is to repost to freebsd-questions, which enjoys
> a larger readership.  But I'll try -- your question is interesting
> b/c I'm in the same boat, except w/ CURRENT.  As you said, breezing
> through the handbook will show a lot of detail, but perhaps it does
> not directly address mirroring a live fs.
.
.
.
> Good luck.  Share your notes (at least to newbies) once you get it
> working!

Hi Tom!

Thank you for your great answer. I'll try repost the question to the
freebsd-questions maling list which seems to be the correct list for my
question. I hope I'll get an answer that would solve the problem.

You are absolutelty correct about the fact that freebsd installer should
have a raid tool just like many of the Linux installers. This is a
critical issue for me and if I can't get the raid 1 to work with FreeBSD
I have to go back to Linux - and an installer that lets me do the
software raid :-/

> Regards,
> Tom McIntyre

Regards,