Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 1997 12:17:26 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew MacIntyre <andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au>
To:        Chuck <crtb@capecod.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tape backup - Travan on 2.2.2?

On Sat, 2 Aug 1997, Chuck wrote:

> 2. Are Travan tapes supported in any way?

Depending on your version, you should be able to get the SCSI Travan
drives to work satisfactorily.  I have an HP Colorado T4000s running on a
2.1.0 system, after some hackery in the st driver. 2.2.x systems should
handle these beasts as installed.

If you get one of the HP drives, watch the probe messages and if the
firmware revision on the drive is <1.06, pay a visit to http://www.hp.com
and get the latest flashable firmware (v1.07 when I looked a couple of
weeks back).  You will need to be able to run up DOS with the ASPI driver
for your SCSI card to flash the upgraded firmware (from a floppy is fine).

Hope this helps.

E-mail: andrew.macintyre@aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Fido:   Andrew MacIntyre, 3:620/243.18        |        Australia