Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 12:46:29 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca>
To:        Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: aio_read kills machine

I have submitted a PR.  Upon closer inspection
I found that it is not (directly) the call
to aio_read() that kills the machine, but
instead a call to sched_yield() after a call
to pthread_cond_wait() with a NULL in the mutex
field.  Even a print statement before the call
to sched_yield() prevents the kill.

Some replys indicated that I should use -current
for aio_*.  Would this be true also for any
serious threading? Is -current ready for a
semi-production environment?

The source for this code is available from
http://www.guild.ab.ca/killer.tar.gz if anyone
would like to take a look.  The crash has been
truncating main.c, so you may want to copy it
before running the program.

Thanks.

Chad