Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 1999 18:44:53 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        chris@tourneyland.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.3-Release - problem with PATH?

On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 11:14:41AM -0500, chris@tourneyland.com wrote:
> At 02:58 PM 10/5/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Mark Ovens wrote:
> >
> >> I just wonder why ``make install'' doesn't run rehash as the last
> >> thing it does
> >
> ><gratuitous flame mode>
> >	Because we want to encourage people to use real shells instead?
> ></gratuitous flame mode>
>
> I'm not sure what the point is of answering perfectly good questions in
> obnoxious, non-enlightening ways. I'm *really* not sure why you'd post such
> answers to the list, unless it's a typical mailing list/USENET "Look how
> smart I am!" pathetic plea for attention.
>
> If you absolutely can't restrain yourself from such, please keep it off the
> list.

Hmm, a slight over-reaction there methinks. As the "target" of that
remark I should say that I took it as humour and the resulting
private banter that ensued confirmed it was meant that way:

	> Now don't start *that* again ;-)
											I couldn't resist just _one_ little one....

>  - Chris
>
> "The nice thing about USENET is for every a**hole who
> thinks he's pretty smart, there are 5 normal people
> who are ten times smarter."
> 	- Unknown

STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.