Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 1995 02:07:36 +0000 ()
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        langfod@maui.com (David Langford)
Cc:        julian@ref.tfs.com, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: iBCS2, socksys and all that jazz...

David Langford stands accused of saying:
> >What you do is link socksys to /dev/null
>
> If this is true and works, then what is it that MAKEDEV is trying do to?
> Or why doesnt "MAKEDEV socksys" make soscksys a link to /dev/null?

Because originally there was kernel support for /dev/socksys, and that's
what MAKEDEV reflects.

>     |      David Langford  -  Kihei, Maui, Hawaii  - langfod@maui.com    |

I'm happy to say that, despite various bogons in the unwrapper script,
the WP60 demo works fine under -current.

Thanks for the advice, and kudos to the implementors!

]] High-speed data acquisition and      (GSM mobile) 041-122-496        [[
]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[