Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 1995 21:12:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Hittinger <bugs@ns1.win.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DAT tape problems (fwd)

> From: Douglas Ambrisko <ambrisko@tcs.com>
>
> This dummy file fix is usually and indicator that you are using the
> tape device wrong.  Most tape drivers (if not all?) are fixed block.

I agree with this generally but in my case it is due to a problem with
the rewind/eject logic of the scsi driver.  The scsi transactions for
the last write/close/rewind/eject seem to be unstable for my configuration.

I have worked around it but I have not had the time to actually locate
the problem and correct it.  Its waaaaay down on the list.

Regards,

Mark Hittinger
bugs@win.net