Date:      Wed, 21 May 2003 14:32:13 +0200
From:      Perica Veljanovski <ezhe@euro.net.mk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   no free inodes

> On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 08:48, Perica Veljanovski wrote:
> > allsow, somethimes when I reboot it shoes: "no inodes free"
> > So, what seems to be the problem here?
>
> Your /var filesystem is basically out of files. This doesn't necessarily
> mean that file system is full. It's just out of file information
> structures (inodes).
>
> This is usually caused by some process not removing it's temporary
> files. You could remove them yourself!
>
> If too many temporary files are created by squid, you should change
> caching options to lower number of cache directories/files, or reformat
> your filesystem with different options [see newfs(8)]
> --

Hi again,

Well, squid is logging into /usr/....../squid/var/ so it could not be
squid. Actualy, only softwawre that comes with FreeBSD logs into /var

Here is the df:
-------------
IBM:/#df -h
Filesystem                 Size   Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/ad0s1a                126M    46M    70M    39%    /
/dev/ad0s1f                252M    34K   232M     0%    /tmp
/dev/ad0s1g                5.1G   2.8G   1.9G    59%    /usr
/dev/ad0s1e                252M    95M   137M    41%    /var
procfs                     4.0K   4.0K     0B   100%    /proc
Doese /usr, /var, /tmp have the same inode pool, or are they separate,
meaning: different inodes for /var, different for /usr?

So the question is: How can I find out which program doesnt clean/flush
the inodes, and is there a way to see how many inodes there are?

10x
--
Perica Veljanovski
e-mail: ezhe@euro.net.mk