Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2012 13:06:35 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar@gmail.com>
Cc:        attilio@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: On cooperative work [Was: Re: newbus' ivar's limitation..]

Any interested party is very welcome to approach a developer and get
added to the developer summits. Plenty of the people at the most
recent developer summit weren't @freebsd.org committers - we had
plenty of representation from companies using FreeBSD.

If you want to participate, just ask a friendly developer who is going
to the developer summit to sponsor you in going. You're pleasant in
person, so I'd have no problem sponsoring you if I am going to an
event. :)

And/or, work with warner to get improvements into the tree and someone
will sponsor a commit bit for you.

Perhaps we as developers should more openly publish the results of
developer summits. But as I said, they're not "closed" - they're just
"invite only for non-developers." We're not going to exclude anyone
from coming unless they really ARE going to just sit there and troll.
You're motivated, you're enthusiastic and you want to see things
change for the better. You're also not confrontational in person. I
have no problem with you coming along.

Adrian