Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:24:53 -0700
From:      "Randy A. Katz" <randyk@ccsales.com>
To:        R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@speakeasy.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Just got my DSL today...AARGH!!

Hi,

Either IRQ/IO Address of Ethernet adapter or

You must try to force it into 10-BaseT mode (full or half duplex), most of
the DSL Router/adapters I've seen are locked at 10Mbps, your ethernet may
be at 100Mbps for some reason (a PCI adapter?)...

Take care,
Randy Katz

PS - man 4 ed gives you the blurb on it...

   ed%d: device timeout  Indicates that an expected transmitter interrupt
     didn't occur. Usually caused by an interrupt conflict with another card
     on the ISA bus.