Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2000 07:36:09 +1100
From:      Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MySQL FOREIGN KEYS

I am rnning mysql on FreeBSD 3.3
- I type in the following cliche example of a database

CREATE TABLE Customer (Customer_ID INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
Customer_Name varchar(20),
Customer_Address varchar(50),
Customer_Email varchar(50),

PRIMARY KEY (Customer_ID))
;

CREaTE TABLE Agent (Agent_ID INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
Agent_Name varchar(20),
Agent_Address varchar(50),
Agent_Email varchar(50),

PRIMARY KEY (Agent_ID))

;

CREATE TABLE Assign (Assign_ID INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
Customer_ID INT,
Agent_ID INT,

PRIMARY KEY (Assign_ID),

FOREIGN KEY (Customer_ID) FROM Customer
ON UPDATE CASCADE,

FOREIGN KEY (Agent_ID) FROM Agent
ON UPDATE CASCADE,

)
;

When I connect to the database and I type in DESCRIBE Assign
It doesn't show Foreign keys in the database design

Question

1) Is mySQL not  ANSI SQL compliant?
2) How would I code the SQL in the above example to use Foreign keys ?