Date:      Sat, 8 Sep 2001 18:40:26 +0200
From:      Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <worm@arrakis.es>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   XFree86 4.1 crashing

Hi,

I have cvsup the ports tree as of Friday 7th, CET, and built XFree86-4
from scratch on a 4.3 box. I am runing the VESA driver, and the thing shuts
down every now and then with SIGSEGV.

The time for these crahes is rather random. For instance, it happens
happens during device initialization in KDE2 when I have "extmod"in
/etc/X11/XF86Config. If I remove "extmod", the crashes persist, but
happen later on.

Has anybody else experienced these symptoms? Are they related to FreeBSD
or should I look for help on the XFree86 side?

         Juanjo