Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 10:50:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/7995: New Port: OpenLDAP 1.0.1

The following reply was made to PR ports/7995; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To: "Lachlan O'Dea" <lodea@angmar.mel.cybec.com.au>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 13:48:59 -0400

 On Mon, Sep 21, 1998 at 10:07:22AM -0400, Lachlan O'Dea wrote:

 > > > Xman/man3/ldap_bind_s.3.gz
 > > > Xman/man3/ldap_simple_bind.3.gz
 > >
 > > There should not be any (_any_) manpages listed in pkg/DESCR.  Remove
 > > them.  Use either MANx or MLINKS as appropriate.
 >
 > I wasn't sure what to do with the symlinked ones, so I did the same thing
 > as the existing LDAP port.

 I'm not sure what you did with the symlinked manpages...  All manpages
 that are linked (sym or hard) should be listed in the MLINKS variable.
 MLINKS is a list of manpages, like this,

 MLINKS=	ldap_real.3 ldap_link.3

 > XMAKE_ENV=	LDAP_PREFIX=${PREFIX} \
 > X		EXTRACFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"

 Cool.

 > sed 's/^X//' >openldap/pkg/DESCR << 'END-of-openldap/pkg/DESCR'

 Hey, that's pretty good.  :-)

 > sed 's/^X//' >openldap/files/manpages << 'END-of-openldap/files/manpages'
 > XMAN1+=	ldapadd.1
 > XMAN1+=	ldapdelete.1
 > XMAN1+=	ldapmodify.1
 > XMAN1+=	ldapmodrdn.1
 > XMAN1+=	ldapsearch.1
 > XMAN1+=	ud.1
 > XMAN3+=	cldap.3

 This file should be sorted.  Just run the whole thing through sort(1)
 and it should come out right.

 The reason for this is that it makes reading diffs between versions
 easier.

 --
 Me.  Who'd you think sent this?