Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2022 15:09:50 +1000
From:      George Michaelson <ggm@algebras.org>
To:        "Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen@punkt.de>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can't bridge an I/F with jumbo to taps, deleted bridge 'flags' are sticky if you remake them

I tested on FreeBSD 13 and the behaviour is the same.

But, I want to withdraw an imputation this is a bug. The underlying
behaviour is that you can't bond an MTU9000 and an MTU1500 interface.
If the base device is set jumbo, then the tapX instances must be set
jumbo. once you set MTU to match, it works fine on both FreeBSD12 and
on FreeBSD13.

It's probably a documentation nit, if anything: bridged devices should
have identical MTU. The ifconfig bridge command will refuse to addm
<device> if the MTU is not correct for the any other member of the
bridge group.

cheers

-George