Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:34:54 +0100
From:      des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        nelis@8ball.co.za
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dual ( HP ProLiant ML350 ) kernel config ?

Nelis Lamprecht <nelis@8ball.co.za> writes:
> I am trying to build a SMP kernel ( FreeBSD 4.9 ) on our new dual Xeon
> 2.8ghz HP server.
> Although I've been using FreeBSD for many years this is my first SMP
> machine and I'm not having any luck.

You'd probably have more luck with 5.2 or CURRENT.

Note however that ProLiants are very temperamental machines, and you
need to be very careful with your BIOS settings (particularly if you
have any PCI devices in the system that weren't in it when it shipped
from HP)

> I can't recall the exact error but the machine boots up and then throws
> out a bunch of errors relating to IOAPIC programming before it freezes.

There's nothing we can do without the specific error messages.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no