Date:      Sun, 2 Nov 1997 20:53:44 +0000 ()
From:      Bill Beavers <bbeavers@Moonraker.afsc.k12.ar.us>
To:        dkelly@hiwaay.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tape drives

On Sat, 1 Nov 1997 dkelly@hiwaay.net wrote:

> > ahc0:A:1: refuses syncronous negotiation. Using asyncronous transfers
> > (ahc0:1:0): "HP T4000s 1.07" type 1 removable SCSI 2 st0(ahc0:1:0):
> > Sequential-Access density code 0x0,  drive empty
>
> "asyncronous" is not the sign of a quality SCSI implementation. You
> might have syncronous disabled in your 2940's BIOS for this device.

I checked the SCSI bios on the Adaptec card and every function is set to
yes for syncronous negotiation, but the the device will still not do it.
I checked the system bios and did not find any reference to allowing
syncronous transfers or anything.  I don't exactly know where to look
next to see if I can correct this.