Date:      Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:16:06 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, rc@freebsd.org, Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: xdm does not work junder BETA3
References:  <CAGBxaXnPHgYNJ4cxKbKgiaChu3%2BCuHDheGPAX7fkU0_BumtG9g@mail.gmail.com> <CAF6rxgkgipSRakreBjMAn5KZKr4KEsfQVj3fyU_N7VAoU7x3oQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAGBxaXmWS7vDtJa00ES6VL8BBpTmg1P2d3Sv=g-zub6noJ=Piw@mail.gmail.com> <CAF6rxg=DCk-ERpMtmDs2xyG5-noOztjgBMguZ_Xp_x=iRp5SOw@mail.gmail.com> <CAGBxaXmnckNWx=aGUzsbonUbJh0is8N%2BtxRA2NhmoZuFwZub-A@mail.gmail.com> <CADLo839qvbmbwAsai7sGFjnx0TT8ABDMDEftVUzi7mBytJsQNQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAGBxaX=sHEcvhM6_jMCCC3jcHn2RVESpW_ujFGi_pJkYGT_EUg@mail.gmail.com>

/var/run isn't ever cleared on boot.  Programs are supposed to cope with =
with stale .pid files, since they might have died w/o deleting it...

Warner