Date:      Sun, 21 Jul 2002 09:11:08 -0500
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
To:        Paul Richards <paul@freebsd-services.com>
Cc:        Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, developers@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Request for submissions: FreeBSD Bi-Monthly Development Status  Report (fwd)

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 01:32:13AM +0100, Paul Richards wrote:

> I wonder how true that is these days. The last time I used nroff was for my
> masters thesis which was in 1990! Does anyone except man page maintainers
> still use it in earnest?

As I understand it, W. Richard Stevens wrote all of his books in troff.
Of course he died a few years back so is no longer using it. But my
guess is that were he still alive today, he'd still be using troff.

Bob

--
Bob Willcox          Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by
bob@vieo.com         spontaneously moving from where you left them to where