Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:43:36 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Andrew Batson <abatson@twcny.rr.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help Please ... Question on cvsupit

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 11:14:47PM -0500, Andrew Batson wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> 	I have been trying for the last few days to figure out how to update
> the ports collection via the cvsup process. I have two different books on
> FreeBSD version 5.x and both say to use this "cvsupit" program but I cann=
ot
> find it any where. I have FreeBSD release 5.3 install and created a user
> account that I can "su" in. I would like to be able to update the ports
> collections and FreeBSD source so that I can custom compile various ports
> and FreeBSD. Does any one have any idea where the "cvsupit" program is. I
> have tired installing "cvsup-16.1h" and "cvsup-without-gui" via both
> pkg_add, sysinstall, and the ports make/install process but I still cannot
> find this "cvsupit" program.

It was removed from the ports collection some time ago because it was
broken for a long period of time and no-one in the community
volunteered to fix it.

You should read the cvsup documentation on the FreeBSD website, which
is up-to-date and comprehensive.

Kris

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf--