Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:19:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc:        behanna@zbzoom.net
Subject:   ports/31529: avifile-0.60.20010429_1 doesn't build if wine is present

>Number:         31529
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       avifile-0.60.20010429_1 doesn't build if wine is present
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD topperwein.dyndns.org 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #1: Thu Oct 25 21:41:34 EDT 2001 root@topperwein.dyndns.org:/usr/obj.k7/usr/src/sys/TOPPERWEIN i386

    If wine-2001.08.24 is present, avifile-0.60.20010429_1 fails to
    build.  Specifically, the files in
    work/avifile-0.60/plugins/libwin32/audiodec end up including
    /usr/local/include/wine/guiddef.h, which has a definition of GUID
    that clashes with the one in work/avifile-0.60/include/formats.h.
>How-To-Repeat:
    Install the wine-2001.08.24 port and then attempt to comile the
    avifile-0.60.20010429_1 port.
>Fix:
    Resolve which header files should be included.  This may require
    some tricky -I combinations.  If the maintainer of the avifile
    port and the maintainer of the wine port can agree on a common
    GUID definition as well as a common #ifdef GUID_DEFINED guard for
    that definition, that would also be good.  Perhaps, better still,
    common Window-isms can be pulled out into a separate port upon
    which both wine and avifile depend, eliminating the header file
    and symbol conflicts that led to this PR.