Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 1995 13:04:50 +0800 (WST)
From:      Terry Dwyer <tdwyer@netbsd08.dn.itg.telecom.com.au>
To:        Terry Lee <teren@lyria.stanford.edu>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@cs.weber.edu>, hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

On Sat, 25 Mar 1995, Terry Lee wrote:
[...]
> I think there is a big difference.  There are too many programs in ports.
> And the same goes for packages.  I think your average customer would
> really appreciate someone who knows better, putting together a
> "standard/typical ports" package.  I think the average user has a hard
> time sifting through the many programs in packages and ports.

(I hope I have the context of the above correct - if not apologies in
advance)

Sorry, but I have to disagree.  I think the average customer, (does this
translate to user?), has a hell of a good time sifting through ports, I
knowI do ;-), or they would not have bothered installing FreeBSD in the
first place.  People don't _always_ install an operating system just to
hack on the kernel.  If there are a good range of packages and ports it
enhances the desirability of the operating system.

Regards,

Terry