Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 07:18:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      simon mendoza <simon_v_mendoza@yahoo.com>
To:        Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>, Mike <skillet@nauticom.net>
Cc:        Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbies - "Handle me with care?"

---Malartre <malartre@aei.ca> wrote:

> Mike wrote:
> >
> > Tim,
> >         I tend to agree with your point on this issue.. As a
fellow bsd somewhat
> > newbie the best way that I have learned what I know today. Is from
breaking
> > stuff and fixing it.. teaches people more of the in's and outs of
the OS..
> > well that is all for now I must rest in peace and get back to work
> >
> > Mike =>
> >
> I have reinstalled FreeBSD several time. Now FreeBSD take 10 minutes
> resinstall ;-)
> I think its ok to broke and fix things, but only if you have a
computer
> who have no important data and a lot of time.
> But I dont think its a good idea to go to current. What it will give
you
> more? You dont know a lot of thing about un*x and you can learn a lot
> without current and its bug. FreeBSD-current is a devellopment
version.

This is a very polite advise, I have to admit it is the best way for
someone to know how things are, if they tried them by themself. Just
be aware that if someone says to you "there's fire in a matchbox"
don't go around playing with it in gas station.

> Anyway, upgrade to current if you want, dont start a boring
discution on
> it ;-)
> Malartre
> PS: I think Sue only want you read doc and man page *before* broke
> things and ask question.

yes I agree with you in this respect.

Greetings

Simon.