Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2006 05:23:00 +0000
From:      "Stephen P. Cravey" <clists@gotbrains.org>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   carpdev support

I'm trying to replace several ciscos with a pair of freebsd routers running carp. The problem I'm having is that I need to be able to tie carp to a specific vlan interface. My search for carpdev led to 3 messages that didn't seem to have replies.

Who, if anyone, is actively supporting carp for FreeBSD?
What can I do to help get this functionality into FreeBSD 6.x?

The last person to touch the ifconfig carp code was glebius almost 2 years ago for what appears to be the original MFC for carp. This tells me that no work is being done in -CURRENT to support it. There are obvious structural differences in the OpenBSD source tree that I do not understand, or I would start work on it myself. The FreeBSD side looks fairly simple.

Thank you.

-Stephen