Date:      Fri, 06 Apr 2012 13:48:04 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Current FreeBSD <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>,  freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   ECC memory driver in FreeBSD 10?

--------------enig70781CE9CC0A969DFB7CF99E

I'm looking for a way to force FreeBSD 10 to maintain/watch ECC errors
reported by UEFI (or BIOS).
Since ECC is said to be essential for server systems both in buisness
and science and I do not question this, I was wondering if I can not
report ECC errors via a watchdog or UEFI (ACPI?) report to syslog
facility on FreeBSD.
FreeBSD is supposed to be a server operating system, as far as I know,
so I believe there must be something which didn't have revealed itself
to me, yet.

Thanks in advance,
Oliver