Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 1995 03:23:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   iijppp disconnecting during big ftp transfers

On a two month old -current system, I've found that if I connect via
iijppp and transfer a large file say 0.5MB, the ppp session disconnects
around 400 to 500K.

This happens with dialin in with an MS Windows NT system and
a Solaris 2.4 system.

On the other hand, it seems that if I dialin from the laptop running
FreeBSD -current big transfers work ok.

Also, things work ok, if the transfers are under 400K.  I.E. I can
split and mget the parts.

Another difference is that the NT and Solaris systems are diailing in
with USR Sporsters 28.8, while my laptop has a Cardinal 28.8.

By the way, I was recently called in to perform some emergency surgery
on a Solaris 2.4 system.  What the hell happened to Sun?

It was ungodly slow, everything was broken, the man pages rarely
matched the software, and everything in the OS was old?

--
Brian Litzinger       |                                                        |
brian@mediacity.com   |           This space intentionally left blank          |