Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 18:56:23 +0000 (WET)
From:      Paulo Menezes <pm@asimov.isr.uc.pt>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xircom combo ethernet+modem

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> First, the insert and remove lines probably won't do the job. Try:
> card "Xircom" "CreditCard Ethernet+Modem 28.8"
>         config auto "xe" ?
> 	insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device start
> 	remove  /etc/pccard_ether $device stop
>
> It is possible that the pccard_ether script does not do just what you
> want, but a simple 'ifconfig xe0 up' is not going to get you too far.

In fact I started with that configuration but it I the same behaviour.

> In stable, you must generally choose to use the card either as a modem
> or as a NIC, but not both at once.

Yes, thats what I did. But I wanted just the NIC not the modem.

> I THINK it might work with the sio section removed from pccard.conf
> and only the xe referenced.
>
> Exactly what model of card do you have? There are a lot of similar
> Xircom cards and some do have problems, but I think this one is OK.

On the back I find PS-CEM-28.

When I insert the card pccardd logs
...Card "Xircom"("CreditCard Ethernet+Modem 26.8") [CEM28] matched
"Xircom" ("CreditCard Ethernet+Modem 28.8") [(null)] [(null)]

and the kernel

xe0 at port 0x2e8-0x2ef iomem 0xd1000-0xd1ff irq 10 slot 1 on pccard1
xe0: Xircom CEM3, bonding version 0, with modem
xe0: CE2 version = 0
xe0: Ethernet address 00:00:00:00:00:00

Thanks for your answer,

Paulo