Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:46:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      shailesh sheoran <shailesh@ece.ubc.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   can't setup freebsd on a 20GB harddisk

hi,
	i have a 750MHz PIII system with 20GB hard disk. I have windows 98
running on it as the first operating system. I need to setup freebsd on
the same hard disk. this is what i did:
	1. Defragment C: (win 98 drive)
	2. use fips to partition into 15 GB and 5 GB partitions
	3. format the new partition using win98 format
	4. boot from freebsd floppy
	5. change the type of the 5GB partition to 165
	6. try to create / /usr and swap on the 5GB 165 type partition
	7. ERROR: can't create root partition at this point ... too big?
etc.
	same thing for creating swap and /usr , i can't create the
filesystems.
	i tried using FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE and FreeBSD-4.3 RELEASE, same
problem. can someone please help asap.

thanks,
Shailesh Sheoran
M.ASc.