Date:      Wed, 01 Mar 2000 15:45:37 -0800
From:      David C Mudie <mudie@digitaldeck.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Halycon iASP v1.0.4 on 3.4-STABLE?

I am trying to use Halcyon iASP v1.0.4 on a recent
build of 3.4-STABLE with apache-1.3.9 and JDK 1.1.8.
I think I have built and installed apache and iasp servers correctly,
but the ASP interpreter behaves very strangely.

Sometimes, especially when the iASP server has just started, the ASP
interpretation works fine.  Most of the time, such as when I reload the exact
same ASP page, I receive garbled binary data like

  <0x19><0x86><0x68><0x18> hello.asp \n

instead of HTML.

Anybody else using iASP on FreeBSD know what might be going wrong?  I have
placed a call to Halcyon Software and sent email to support@halcyonsoft.com,
but I have not heard back from them.

Any pointers will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

David