Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:07:49 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
To:        "Sergey A. Borodin" <bor@soft.sun.mcst.ru>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, www@netbsd.com
Subject:   Re: Please, Help me with prefix (@cwd keyword in PLIST file)!!!

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Sergey A. Borodin wrote:
> 	Binary and all necessary files are lain in /export/BOR/psh/src directory
> 	(including BUILD_INFO, COMMENT, DESC, PLIST files and psh directory - the application
> 	itself) and after running pkg_create(1) command I get psh.tgz package.
> 	I need that using 'pkg_add psh.tgz' command application will be installed to /opt/psh
> 	directory by default. Instead of it application is installed to /export/BOR/psh/src/psh
> 	directory by default. How can I point to when running pkg_create(1) command that
> 	application will be installed (using pkg_add(1) command without -p flag) to /opt/psh
> 	directory by default?
> 	Can anybody help me?

Sure: If you use pkgsrc, just put the following into your /etc/mk.conf:
LOCALBASE=/opt/psh
then make clean && make package. If you want to call pkg_create manually,
check out the PKG_ARGS variable in pkgsrc/mk/bsd.pkg.mk, you want to
use the -p switch to pkg_create.

> BTW, can anybody point me a literature about package creation on NetBSD System?

pkgsrc/Packages.txt
(ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/Packages.txt)

> @cwd /export/BOR/psh/src

Um, shouldn't that be /opt/bor?

Also, there's something weird about @cwd: you'll have to duplicate (only)
the first @cwd line in the PLIST for things to actually work for some
reason I forgot.

BTW, there's also a mailing list for discussing pkg related things on
NetBSD: tech-pkg@netbsd.org.  Please send your follow-ups there - thanks!

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!