Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2017 20:51:26 -0400
From:      Farhan Khan <khanzf@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   taskqueue(9) guidance

Hi all,

I am trying to understand taskqueue(9) through writing some code, but am
unable to get a functioning example. The expected code I thought does not
run.

I reviewed some sample code within the kernel, mostly drivers. The general
pattern I identified was taskqueue_create(9), taskqueue_start_threads(9),
and finally the TASK_INIT macro.

I also created some structures and place them within the "struct taskqueue"
and "struct task". I am not certain why this done, rather than allocate
those who structures on their own, but it appeared to be the standard.

My code is below:

https://pastebin.com/dFqPsA5A

I am expecting to see the repeater_proc() function to execute, but that
does not occur. Also, I did not specify the frequency, whether it should
repeat, etc.

I do not understand why the code is not running or what mistake I am making.

Please assist.
Thank you!
--
Farhan Khan
PGP Fingerprint: 782F 342B 5B08 0D2F F4E8 82C3 FFA1 CAE1 6536 51CA