Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 1997 16:05:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ctm disaster recovery

I've had a disaster here, and I need to reload from a ctm base.  I want to
get a base from cvs-cur, but it looks like the naming conventions might
have changed since the last time I had to do this.  I was looking on
wcarchive.cdrom.com for a file cvs-cur.3700A.gz, and couldn't find it.
The "A" used to be appended to the base deltas (when they were generated,
one the cvs deltas mod 100).  There's a file with the name "xEmpty" from
3600, the file size is in the range I expected (about 90-110 megs), I was
wondering if someone could verify fro me that it's the file I am after.  I
am behind a slow link, and just can't afford to make a mistake on this.

Obviously, I'd rather get the 3700 one instead of the 3600 one, but I
didn't see any candidate for it on wcarchive.

If someone could recommend maybe a different site that has this, so I
don't need to load down wcarchive, I'd appreciate that too.  The list of
site names was one of the things that got lunched on me.

At least I had a fresh backup of my school projects!

213 Lakeside Drive Apt. T-1 |