Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 00:44:14 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        msergeant@snsonline.net, sarge@snsonline.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compact Flash Card troubles.

In message: <1016427792.37449.3.camel@xyzzy.intranet.snsonline.net>
            Mark Sergeant <sarge@snsonline.net> writes:
: Hey Gang,
:
: 	I recently installed a new 30GB drive in my laptop and as such did an
: install of FreeBSD 4.5 then cvsupped to STABLE, in the process of
: getting everything working the same way it did on my old drive I tried
: inserting my kodak 8MB card with pcmcia flash adapter into my pcmcia
: slot and to my surprise received the following error...
:
: Mar 18 11:45:44 xyzzy /kernel: pccard: card inserted, slot 1
: Mar 18 11:45:49 xyzzy pccardd[46]: Card "KODAK Picture Card"("KODAK") []
: [(null)
: ] matched "KODAK Picture Card" ("KODAK") [(null)] [(null)]
: Mar 18 11:45:54 xyzzy pccardd[46]: driver allocation failed for KODAK
: Picture Ca
: rd(KODAK): Device not configured
:
: 	This card worked fine under 4.5-STABLE before hand so I've got no idea
: how the device can not be configured as the device for the card is ata
: which is definantely enabled in my kernel.

I don't think you set everything up exactly the same way, since I've
changed nothing.  You'll likely need to override the default "auto"
for the ata device because your laptop has resources that conflict
with the "auto" that is being picked.

Warner