Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:32:34 +0000
From:      Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        osa@freebsd.org.ru, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad A31p

M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <3E4B863A.4010104@algroup.co.uk>
>             Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk> writes:
> : For some reason, I _don't_ need:
> :
> : devd_enable="YES"
> :
> : and pccardd doesn't work, but cards are still recognised. Which is
> : interesting - I presume there's something else going on I don't know
> : about yet...
>
> Actually, you do need it. pccardd is obsolete an only used by the
> legacy OLDCARD system.  devd is its more generic replacement.
>
> : Reamining problems: I still haven't got X to work (not banged my head
> : against it hard yet), I can't hibernate to disk, built-in 802.11b
> : doesn't work, and cardbus 802.11b sort of works but isn't associating
> : (again, I haven't banged hard against this one yet). Any hints appreciated.
>
> Hmmmm, what kind of built-in card do you have?  I wasn't aware of any
> Cardbus 802.11b cards that FreeBSD supported...

The builtin card is a minipci Prism 2.

The cardbus card is a bog-standard old-style Lucent WaveLAN (with recent
firmware). Upgrading to current appears to have completely broken both
now (wicontrol bombs out immediately after Comms quality/signal/noise
with a SIOCGWAVELAN: Invalid argument).

Previously wicontrol worked, but the cards did not associate.

Cheers,

Ben.