Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 21:27:19 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Robert Withrow <bwithrow@BayNetworks.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, bwithrow@tuva.engeast.BayNetworks.COM
Subject:   Re: Testing result, 225Beta, oct 7th.

> 1) Sysinstall:  Accessing distribution submenus and then returning
> to parent menu; you are returned to the *top* of the parent menu rather
> than the place where you accessed the child menu.  This is very annoying
> to those of us who do *lots* of installations...

This probably won't be fixed in time for 2.2.5, sorry.  It involves
mucking around with some stuff in libdialog which I'd rather not
mess with this close to release.

> 2) Sysinstall: NFS client "yes" setting in sysinstall doesn't "take" in
> rc.conf.

Hmmm.  I can't reproduce this!

> 3) Sysinstall/XF86Setup:  Somehow the X link to the SVGA server didn't
> get made.  I'm not shure when this failed to happen since someone was
> talking to me when I was testing this.  XF86Setup dumped a tcl traceback
> complaining about this.

I noticed this also - I think somebody broke XF86Setup in the latest
incarnation.  Have you reported this to the XFree86 folks?  X is
literally a black box for us and if they give us broken bits to ship
then we ship broken bits - I don't even know how to *package* the X
distribution. :-)

> 4) Ports: a2ps only shows up in its A4 version.  (It doesn't even show up
> in the ftp.freebsd.org ports-2.2.5 INDEX).  This problem (the A4) one has
> been around for quite some time and it would be nice if it got fixed before
> 2.2.5 gets released...

That's one for ports.

> 5) Sysinstall: /usr/tmp gets created with bad ownership and permissions.
> It should get created with the same permissions as /tmp.

Fixed.

> 6) It seems like there should be a symlink "gawk" for "awk" since they are
> one in the same.  There is room for difference of opinion here, of course;-)

Why would anyone want to call it "gawk?" :-)

					Jordan