Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 1996 06:48:16 -0700
From:      Bill Cox <bill@thuvia.qstools.com>
To:        "Paul H." <broome@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Cc:        FreeBSD-SMP@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: does freebsd support SMP?

Well, right now, I would not recommend the AMI Titan II
motherboard, although it can hold two Pentia and appears
to use the Intel-standard APIC communications scheme.

I bought one back in mid-December and added the second Pentium
just last week.  I've been running Windows NT beta 4.0 on the
board for a revenue-generating project while SMP is being
developed.  After adding and enabling the second Pentium, the
board won't even consistently recognize its 64Mb of memory.
But disable the second Pentium and it's rock-solid...

I'd recommend the ASUS, sight unseen.