Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 1999 03:34:53 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        Bakul Shah <bakul@torrentnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: OpenBSD's strlcpy(3) and strlcat(3)

On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 11:20:04PM -0400, Bakul Shah wrote:

> That is, the returned ptr points in `dst' _just_ past the
> copied data.  Note that `dst_end' points to the _last_ char
> of `dst'.

This sounds a lot like the GNU stpcpy() except that stpcpy() doesn't
take the middle argument dst_end (and therefore isn't as easy to make
secure).

Adding stpcpy() and pstpcpy() ("p", for pointer?  I dunno...) wouldn't
bother me one iota.

--
This is my .signature which gets appended to the end of my messages.