Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:27:32 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Phil Regnauld <regnauld-ppc@catpipe.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Project Status

Hi Phil

  Thanks for giving it a try ! I'll compress all your questions into
one reply:

> 1) there is 256 MB RAM in the machine, not 131072 (probably not
 > important yet)

  A bug, I'll fix this (it prints 0Mb on an eMac).

> 2) I didn't type \ at the loader prompt: this happens every time, without
>    touching the keyboard.  After this, I need to reset-all to reattempt,
>    but no matter what it will always say:
>
>    > \
>    \: unknown command

  This is also benign (happens on sparc64 too, from some of the bootlogs
I've seen). I'll look into it.

 > And now the kernel boots.  The only problem, is the graphics mode
 > which is very obviously garbled.

  Try http://people.freebsd.org/~grehan/kernel.dave, which should fix
that.

  Let me know if you still get the panic.