Date:      22 Jul 2003 21:25:38 +0800
From:      Khairil Yusof <kaeru@pd.jaring.my>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 5.1-CURRENT: libkse / libthr and SCHED_4BSD / SCHED_ULE

--=-6GXWgBjCyUYmCM/xLfms

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 19:30, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> 1) libkse or libthr as a replacement for libc_r, and/or

Been libmap to universally map libc_r to libkse for about 3 weeks now.
Things have been relatively stable since sometime last week.

I have no problems so far with using netbeans, tomcat with libkse. I
haven't done much stress testing, but Tomcat should have benefits on SMP
as the extra threads are running on both my CPUs now instead of one.=20

Netbeans.. seems to be only using one thread for the ide.=20

> 2) SCHED_ULE as a replacement for SCHED_4BSD?

On SMP.. SCHED_ULE performance is really bad for me.

--
"Optimized, readable, on time; Pick any two."=20

FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT i386=20
9:21PM up 21:19, 2 users, load averages: 0.48, 0.32, 0.22

--=-6GXWgBjCyUYmCM/xLfms

--=-6GXWgBjCyUYmCM/xLfms--