Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:42:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jims@innerdot.com (Jim Spring)
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.1 / Thinkpad t40 / wi0

I've read through the archives and have not found an answer, so
I thought it worth asking.  I am running into an issue with
FreeBSD 5.1-Current on a Thinkpad T40 w/ an Orinoco Wavelan (wi0)
card.  I initially installed 5.1 Release from CD and ran into
the same problems people seem to be reporting regarding timeout
errors, etc.  However, after removing the card, reinserting it,
and using ifconfig and dhclient could get the card up and running.

However, I updated to 5.1-Current this afternoon -- to help resolve
some of the ACPI issues.  However, I am now seeing problems with
the Wavelan controller.  If I try and manually configure the card
using ifconfig and then running dhclient for DHCP, the card does
not seem to see the Wireless basestation.  However, if I hardcode
the IP address using inet and netmask, the card sees the base station
and can connect to the outside world.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
-Jim Spring