Date:      Thu, 4 Nov 1999 08:29:29 -0500
From:      "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "'wdr@tdl.com'" <wdr@tdl.com>, "'jcwells@u.washington.edu'" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>, "'ales@megared.net.mx'" <ales@megared.net.mx>
Subject:   RE: XDM question.

Well thanks guys, Finally after a combination of all your e-mails got this
thing to work correctly. I knew that I need to modify the config files of
the shell I'm using, but doing that yeilded no change in my shell or path
settings. So I assumed that xdm used one of it config file to set path or
determine what shell config file to get these setting from. I modified every
shell config file on the sytem for one accountant the added PATH setting in
each of the xdm config file xresources, xsession etc. Still nothing. Final I
switched back to wdm to try it, it final started on boot correctly and it
place a filem Xrootenv.0 in my /root directory, I edited this and now seems
to work, haven't tested the user accountant yet but hopefully this will hold
true for all accounts.