Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:07:07 -0700
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        matt@genesi-usa.com
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.0 on Pegasos/ODW

Hi Matt,

> Okay I downloaded bootonly and booted it and got to the boot
> loader. It lists Open Firmware console in the output. lsdev
> in the loader gives empty lists of block devices and net
> devices (hmm).

  A harmless bug, same happens on macppc.

> booting automatically fetches the kernel and loads it, prints
> the entry points, two lines about "ddb" being the debugger,
> then says
>
> Cpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
>
> Any ideas what's going on?

  That looks like the start of the copyright notice, garbled. A lot
happens between the ddb lines and the copyright: would you be able to
try a 'boot -v' which might give more of a clue as to how far it gets ?

  The OpenFirmware console hasn't worked for quite a while on macppc
hardware: I think it was around the time I added an additional segment
to the kernel's VM space, and ofw didn't seem to like that when calling
back into it.

  Is there a serial port on the Pegasos ?

later,

Peter.