Date:      Wed, 22 May 2024 14:37:54 +0300
From:      Matthias Fechner <idefix@fechner.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to add dependency to python binary

--------------K0cGc7zLeeV3hQYsSvNZF0Oz

Am 22.05.2024 um 14:10 schrieb Gleb Popov:
> We usually patch the software to use pythonXY everywhere. For shebangs
> it can be done via USES=shebangfix and for other cases resort to
> patches or REINPLACE_CMD incantations.

this is not possible, at least not directly.
The gitlab port is using yarn to download other packages and as some
packages are not available a prebuild binary package for FreeBSD, yarn
is building then on-the-fly.
So yarn or maybe the nodejs environment is expecting a binary named
python to do this.

I will check if it is maybe possible to tell yarn to not use python but
python39 instead.

Gruß
Matthias

Rich Cook

--------------K0cGc7zLeeV3hQYsSvNZF0Oz

<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
  </head>
      Popov:<br>
cite="mid:CALH631=w4_mjd-Rd8iaDUSjmB_wHHiA=s2r5Dv_vPfarMMgENg@mail.gmail.com">
      <pre>We usually patch the software to use pythonXY everywhere. For shebangs
it can be done via USES=shebangfix and for other cases resort to
patches or REINPLACE_CMD incantations.</pre>
      The gitlab port is using yarn to download other packages and as
      some packages are not available a prebuild binary package for
      FreeBSD, yarn is building then on-the-fly.<br>
      So yarn or maybe the nodejs environment is expecting a binary
      named python to do this.</p>
      python but python39 instead.<br>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">
Gruß