Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 1998 14:41:26 +0200
From:      Alexander Sanda <entropy@compufit.at>
To:        FreeBSD User <fbsd@ener1000.dee.uc.pt>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape blocks and "subprocess diagnostics"

  On Fri, Oct 02, 1998 at 01:12:12AM +0100,
  FreeBSD User wrote:

> During the access of some pages that contain java applets, it popped in
> my screen a very small window that I enlarged and could see Xlib error
> messages in it.

This stdout/stderr redirection can be a pretty much annoying thing. You
can disable it by changing some resource entries in Netscape's
app-defaults file (/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Netscape):

*useStderrDialog:    false
*useStdoutDialog:    false

This entries will force netscape to *not* use the annoying dialog and
print error messages to stdout/stderr.

--
# /AS/                               http://privat.schlund.de/entropy/ #