Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 06:38:35 -0500
From:      clatter <clatter@crosswinds.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I hope nobody blows a gasket, but...

Well, Jay, i gave the bootinst.exe program a shot, but it didn't work.
I ran it, rebooted to the CDROM, installed FreeBSD, restarted, but it
just went straight into Win98.

And to clarify what my problem, (sorry that i wasn't being clear enough
John), I cannot seem to get my computer to give me the option of running
Windows 98, or FreeBSD when my system boots up.  In other words, i can't
get FreeBSD's boot manager to work, and now the bootinst.exe is proven
to not work.

To be really specific with what i want to do:  during the installation
of FreeBSD, i want to be able to install FreeBSD to my second hard drive
(D:) and then i want to be able to install a boot manager in the boot
sector of my first drive (C:).  Reverse order would work too, and i'm
not totally sure if i'd need to install the boot manager to the boot
sectors of both hard drives, but i'd just like to be able to run FreeBSD
after i install it.

Hopefully that was more direct! ;)

Perhaps there's something i'm reading wrong somewhere, but this problem
is growing into something mountainous.

Thanks for any further help that anyone could offer me,

will