Date:      Sat, 18 Feb 2006 12:02:00 +0100
From:      Niek Dekker <niekdekker@gmail.com>
To:        kalin@el.net
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jdk15 build failure on 6.0

Hi Kalin,

I have 6_0_RELEASE installed on my server. I first installed native
jdk1.4 (for this I had to install linux JDK and linux compatibility first).

jdk1.4 was running fine, but for a certain Tomcat application I had to
install jdk1.5.

I downloaded the source and binaries from Sun, as well as the jdk1.5
patch set (as mentioned in the Makefile).

For me the installation of jdk1.5 went well, using the native jdk1.4 as
bootstrap.

It runs fine and stable.

I read somewhere that it is necessary to have a /compat    /linux/proc
directory in place before you start the make process. I did that.

Just my 2 cents...

Good luck,
Niek