Date:      Wed, 06 Nov 2002 14:25:46 +0100
From:      Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
To:        Vivek Khera <khera@kcilink.com>
Cc:        "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mail/postfix expects /etc/aliases.db

Vivek Khera <khera@kcilink.com> writes:

> I'll go with this option.  I think the right thing to do is to tell
> the user to copy/move /etc/aliases to /usr/local/etc/postfix/aliases.
>
> Thanks for the note.

My canonical procedure is a plain ln -s /usr/local/etc/postfix /etc --
that way, I don't need to worry about examples or paths or whatever. It
won't fix the immediate problem though, because it'd still need to be
/etc/postfix/aliases rather than /usr/local/etc/postfix/aliases (and you
better set the symlink immutable as in-depth robustness ;-)

--
Matthias Andree