Date:      Thu, 5 Feb 1998 13:46:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        rwm@MPGN.COM (Rob Miracle)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Memory Problem

Rob Miracle said:
> I have a remote machine that just had a new 128M of memory added, bringing
> the total up to 384M.  I rebuilt the kernel remotely to recognize the
> memory and when it reboots I get the following error (phoned it by the
> people on site)
>
> real memory=402653184 (393216K bytes)
> kmem_suballoc: bad status return of 3
> panic: kmem_suballoc
> Automatic reboot in 15 seconds
>
> Bad memory?  It goes through the POST fine.  Any info would be appreciated.
>  Please reply via email instead of to the list.

I'll reply to both:

	Try turning off the bounce buffers option.  If you are running -current,
	the problem shouldn't exist after a week ago or so.  I think that someone who
	can run 2.2.X will hopefully make the mods to -stable derived from -current, so
	that the problem will happen less often in 2.2.6.