Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 15:23:56 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@gorean.org>
To:        Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape Communicator 4.07 for Linux20

Andre Albsmeier wrote:

> Pipe any exportable netscape 4.0x through the following program and
> you get strong encryption. That's what I do always with the 40-bit
> versions for HP-UX, FreeBSD, IRIX, SunOS and even Winblows. It keeps
> me from having to wait until fortify comes out...
>
> ---------------------- snip --------------------------
>
> #!/usr/local/bin/perl -0pi
> s/BITS:.*/$_=$&;y,a-z, ,;s, {4}$,true,gm;s, 512,2048,;$_/es

	Can you give a more detailed explanation as to what you mean by "pipe
it through" and break down what this script does for us less perl
literate types? It looks like a good deal, but I like to know what I'm
doing before I do it. :)

Thanks,

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

    Go PADRES!