Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 1997 02:09:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        eivind@dimaga.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AfterStep in -current

 * *blush* - I'd downloaded the new bsd.port.mk to /usr/src/share/mk instead
 * of /usr/share/mk - works now.  (I had 1.165 in /usr/share/mk, and 1.243 in
 * /usr/src/share/mk - and now it works.)

 :)

 * Perhaps it would be an idea for ports to specify minimum version of
 * bsd.ports.mk?  (Just set it to whatever the author of the port has on his
 * system - better that too many people upgrade than too few.)

I don't think that is necassary, and it will be a royal pain to keep
track for the whole ports tree.  I really don't want to add another
mandatory variable to every single one of our 752 ports.

Besides, the ports tree is only tracking -current, in principle.  If
you have an old system, you should always get the latest bsd.port.mk
(and put it in /usr/share/mk :) and try your luck, as we still cannot
guarantee anything.

Satoshi